2022 AFRP Accounting- Intern Winter
At Amazon, we are excited to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
· Learn more about our businesses by reviewing Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, Jeff’s 2020 Letter to Shareholders, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as where we operate around the world.
Applications are now open for the 2022 Accounting Winter Internship at Amazon. We are seeking data-driven, business-minded, results-oriented financial analyst interns who are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Included as part of the internship is the intern project, which requires the candidate to flex their accounting, analytical, and business understanding while also optimizing, improving, and driving quality to solve a problem or improve an existing process. This role will interact with various business partners that span across accounting, finance, operations, and technology organizations within Amazon, and will present the result of the project for evaluation at the end of the internship.
The global accounting organization oversees our financial reporting, internal controls, intercompany, and transfer pricing activities, and supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business. This team is focused on controllership, customer experience, and operational efficiency. Successful candidates will bring diverse perspectives and varied experiences (whether from school, life, or past jobs).
· Please list your Undergraduate School and expected graduation date within the Education section of your online application.
· Full-time recruitment will occur during September 2021- November 2021.
· 12 Week Winter Internship Dates: January 10 – March 18, 2022
· Location: Seattle, Washington
· Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program (or a dual degree/submatriculation Master’s degree program you are completing concurrently with your bachelor’s degree at the same school) with a graduation conferral date between May and June 2022
· Sense of ownership
· Excellent analytical skills
· Desire to learn complex processes and systems
· Results oriented
· Strong academic record
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral skills
· Understanding of basic business and accounting concepts
· Familiarity with Excel
· Solid organizational and project-management skills
· A practical and creative approach to problem solving
· Ability to summarize and communicate important data Commitment to self-development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.