Branch Operations Intern
The purpose of the Branch Operations Intern is to assist in developing the branch’s business, learn the consumer finance business, RM’s business practices and to prepare to manage a branch office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Complete training program within the required timeframe.
- Understand our personal loan product offerings in order to assist customers in making educated decisions that help them achieve their financial goals.
- Establish and build customer relationships through delivering exceptional service.
- Develop and deliver consolidation options for customers.
- Ability to learn how to underwrite loans.
- Work with past-due customers to arrange payments.
- Assist in maintaining standards in weekly delinquency reduction and delinquency slow file percentages.
- Offer additional loan products to current customers.
- Execute business plan for outbound solicitation to former customers.
- Close loans as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current full-time Sophomore, Junior or Senior in an accredited college program.
- Flexible schedule while working between 8 and 25 hours a week.
- Computer literacy.
- Must pass pre-employment assessment, drug screen, credit, and criminal background checks.
- Must be eligible and willing to obtain all required certification and licenses.
- Major in Business related program preferred
- Previous work experience in customer-facing environment.
- Willingness to relocate for career advancement.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a dependable automobile with liability insurance coverage.
- High degree of self-confidence
- Leadership qualities
- High energy
- Above average communications skills
- Ambition to work in the finance business and to be a Branch Manager
- Customer service oriented with a personality that relates well with a broad spectrum of people, including external customers, branch colleagues, and corporate co-workers
- Calm under pressure
- Proven ability to multi-task
- High degree of integrity
- Sales mentality
This position works in a Branch office providing services to customers and potential customers in person and over the phone. The Branch Operations Intern typically works 16-25 hours a week, Monday through Friday with some evenings and Saturdays.