Internship - Customer Care Coordinator (Fall 2021)
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Customer Care Coordinator Internship in our Tualatin, OR location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Serves customers by providing product and service information related to Domestic, International orders in relation to the organization’s CLO (Commercial logistic offer)
- Order Processing/information request for Veris Resale products. Update current order lead times and order information and tracking details using OXCART.
- Use Sales force to enhance customer relationship management (CRM) b/w commercial and service teams. Acts as a liaison supporting customer eccentricity.
- Use current Q2C solutions to support order processing, updating lead times, location, shipping dates and tracking information to support customer orders.
- Accountable for customer service, traffic and/or shipping processes. Serves as a liaison among various departments to provide efficient customer service and resolve difficulties
- Detect all opportunities to serve the customer while addressing customer support requests and perform outbound sales activities
- Analyze and report/present findings and provide recommendations for improvement. Track and report related metrics.
- Ability to support inventory control, warehousing, customer service, and shipping
- Serve as a liaison among various departments to provide efficient customer service, inventory management and problem resolution
- Help implement improvement projects to drive Company Key Performance Indicators and offer suggestions for further improvements
Supports planning, project, and operational activities through the following activities:
- Assemble and analyze data for current and future state to support growth and expansion
- Communicating and partnering with multiple levels of leaders both within the DCs and other Supply Chain functions
- Provide benchmarking and best practice learnings from other projects
- Identify opportunities for improvement on ways to optimize storage and throughput
- Provide data and recommendations used by leadership who present to cross-functional stakeholders
- Prepare data for leadership review to communicate to business partners at all levels as appropriate
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year University program or a two-year Master’s Program.
- Preferred degree programs include Supply Chain, Mechanical/Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Desire APICs training or equivalent
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Required tools:
- ERP (BAAN, SAP, ORACLE)
- DRP (Demand review planning) tool
- Access or SQL queries
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, work with little supervision and work well under pressure
- Problem solving skills and sound judgment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and work independently with a sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.