Accounting Intern [2022 Internship Program]
DTCC’s Financial Reporting & Accounting (FR&A) department advises on the accounting treatment for complex transactions, performs all accounting and prepares all external financial statements and regulatory reports. This intern will support one of the team’s key responsibilities which is to perform the monthly general ledger close. This includes preparing journal entries, performing balance sheet account reconciliations, and analyzing account activity including providing variance explanations for monthly management reporting. The intern will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other departments within the Chief Financial Office Organization and will become proficient in Oracle ERP as well as other internal systems.
Are you a good fit for our team? Do you enjoy working in collaborative teams using your strong communication and technical skills? Do you enjoy digging deep into financial systems to uncover trends and determine if entries are accurate and complete? Do you work hard to be the best at what you do, and while you are generally well-rounded, you also have an affinity for financials, math, and related topics? If you are eager to step into ambiguous areas and help provide solutions while convincing others to follow your lead, then this is the place for you!
- Candidates must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in the following curriculums: Finance or Accounting
- Proven problem solving and analytical ability
- Strong communicator who is a self-starter and highly motivated individual
- Able to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (now or in the future)
- Candidates must have minimum of a 3.2 GPA to be considered
About our Internship Program:
DTCC offers 10-week summer internships for university students in several departments and locations around the globe. Internships are an opportunity to contribute to DTCC’s daily operations, while learning more about the company and the financial services and technology industries. As a summer intern, you’ll be aligned as closely as possible to a team that leverages your academic skills and considers your future career aspirations. Upon a successful summer, interns will have the opportunity to be considered for our new graduate program upon obtaining their degree, also known as the EDGE Program.
Here's what you can expect as a DTCC intern:
- Access to senior leaders
- Workshops for skill-building and career development
- Participation in employee resource groups
- Team volunteering with local charities
- A sense of community
Engage with DTCC this Fall:
Meet and learn from our colleagues as we host a series of virtual events this Fall. Visit our careers site at rb.gy/s6vxic to learn more and RSVP for our events.
- August – October 2021: Engage with us virtually and apply to our jobs
- November – January 2022: Interview virtually with our team
- February 2022: Receive an offer and accept!
- February – June 2022: Engage with our colleagues as you close out your school year
- June 2022: Start the Summer Intern Program