Counterparty Credit Risk Intern [2022 Internship Program]
The Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) team is responsible for assessing the financial stability of DTCC’s member firms, treasury investment counterparties, line of credit providers, and critical third parties. CCR reviews financial statements and other relevant information to assess these firms’ credit risk profiles.
The Counterparty Credit Risk Intern will be responsible for assisting with the monitoring of the credit risk profile of firms consisting primarily of banks and broker-dealers. This credit risk monitoring process includes annual reviews, ongoing surveillance of monthly/quarterly financial data, ongoing surveillance of negative news, maintenance of the credit risk rating matrix (CRRM) model, and other ongoing monitoring. The CCR Intern will also become familiar with new accounting and regulatory developments, as well as macroeconomic trends, which impact member firms.
The CCR Intern will also assist on various projects to help the CCR team in its mandate of monitoring credit risk. These projects will likely include gathering and reviewing financial statements, analyzing current procedures to identity opportunities to streamline processes, and coordinating with other departments on initiatives such as automating processes.
- Candidates must be working towards a bachelor’s degree, ideally in the following curriculums: Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis, utilizing knowledge gained in courses such as financial markets analysis and accounting
- Familiarity with regulatory rules and regulations
- An interest in working with new technological initiatives and setting forth business requirements
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent time management and detail oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (now or in the future)
- Candidates must have minimum of a 3.2 GPA upon graduation
About our Internship Program:
DTCC offers 10-week summer internships for university students in several departments and locations around the globe. Internships are an opportunity to contribute to DTCC’s daily operations, while learning more about the company and the financial services and technology industries. As a summer intern, you’ll be aligned as closely as possible to a team that leverages your academic skills and considers your future career aspirations. Upon a successful summer, interns will have the opportunity to be considered for our new graduate program upon obtaining their degree, also known as the EDGE Program.
Here's what you can expect as a DTCC intern:
- Access to senior leaders
- Workshops for skill-building and career development
- Participation in employee resource groups
- Team volunteering with local charities
- A sense of community
Engage with DTCC this Fall:
Meet and learn from our colleagues as we host a series of virtual events this Fall. Visit our careers site at rb.gy/s6vxic to learn more and RSVP for our events.
- August – October 2021: Engage with us virtually and apply to our jobs
- November – January 2022: Interview virtually with our team
- February 2022: Receive an offer and accept!
- February – June 2022: Engage with our colleagues as you close out your school year
- June 2022: Start the Summer Intern Program