Nonferrous Metals Intern (Summer 2022)
Everyone wants to work with people they respect. Even better if you can work with a company you respect. We have both at The David J. Joseph Company, and a 135+ year track record on operating an ethical business with a positive work culture. It may sound cliché, but it’s true. We’re a big, global company that still feels small.
Working at the David J. Joseph Company is unique. We offer employment in diverse settings such as traditional corporate headquarters, dynamic sales locations, and scrap recycling facilities. This workplace diversity gives our employees the variety they crave and the exposure to a global business. A career at The David J. Joseph Company is ideal for self-starters seeking to make an impact on our company and their careers.
The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80+ locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company.
DJJ has an exciting opportunity as an intern to join our Brokerage Division with our Non-Ferrous Scrap Metals Group. A DJJ Intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of Commodities Trading. You will become knowledgeable in commodities trading, negotiating challenging situations, and understanding the right tactics to build rapport with various levels of customers. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals throughout the company.
• You will shadow experienced commodities traders and learn how they develop new and grow existing relationships with customers (both suppliers and consumers) to further strengthen relationships and create business opportunities.
• You will have the opportunity to go on customer meetings and see the inner-workings of Steel Mills and Scrap Yards.
• Interns will have the opportunity to strengthen teambuilding skills as they work with other interns on assigned projects.
• Participate in staff meetings
• Hands on strategic planning
- Undergraduate student majoring in a Business Major such as Finance, Marketing and Economics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional appearance and demeanor, and a drive for success.
- We value our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals.