2022 Summer Analyst - Real Estate, Capital Markets
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $649 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Real Estate, Capital Markets
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $196 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single family housing, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
Summer Analysts in the Capital Markets group have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of capital markets and real estate transactions including public market debt and equity transactions, securitization, private market secured and unsecured credit deals, and interest rate and currency hedging transactions. Summer Analysts are involved with the development of the business and regularly contribute to internal meetings, negotiations, financial modeling and strategic initiatives. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, analysts are expected to assume an integral role in the business and can expect to be staffed on a number of assignments at one time.
Summer Analysts will work on a wide range of transactions and responsibilities will typically include:
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Internal company presentations, analysis and reporting
- Development of marketing materials to solicit financing feedback
- Interaction with acquisitions and asset management teams to provide guidance on the pricing and terms of financing
- Market research and competitive analysis
- Assisting with the negotiation and execution of financing transactions
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Desire for a robust corporate modeling experience including fluency in Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication stills
- Energetic, self-motivated, self-starter who thrives on challenge in a dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task and execute a wide range of assignments
- Team oriented and collaborative with ability to easily interact with multiple parts of the group/firm
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Operate with the highest degree of integrity, motivation, and intellectual curiosity
- A demonstrated interest and/or experience in real estate is preferred
To be considered for the 2022 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.