Brands Strategies Intern
Assist the Brands Team at Schreiber Foods in the day to day activities necessary to insure profitable volume and revenue growth. Involvement in both strategic discussions and tactical application of brand positioning, retail execution, trade management and marketing necessary to ensure flawless execution of the sales goals. Primary responsibilities include sales reporting/communication, consumer insights analysis, trade management ROI analysis, broker management, marketing execution and general administrative support. A successful candidate will have an ownership mentality and exercise resourcefulness to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
Internship is based out of our Home Office in Green Bay, Wisconsin with the option to work remotely. Looking to hire intern immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the trade marketing manager in development of annual trade budget. Own and actively manage trade accrual and broker incentive budgets, including broker scorecard updates.
- Assist marketing brand managers and brands team leader to provide the marketing and sales tools necessary for successful retail execution of brand goals & objectives. Sales tools include PowerPoint presentations, consumer insight research, syndicated data analysis, meeting facilitation and general administration.
- Analysis: Assist in marketing and retail sales initiatives. Use consumer insights to identify issues and opportunities to achieve brand goals. Provide timely and comprehensive analysis of objectives, execution and future planning.
- Project Management: Spearhead projects across multiple functional areas. Develop and communicate consumer and trade materials to sales team as necessary. Assist in all aspects of brand communication including marketing activities, price lists, key performance indicators, point of sale materials, account specific programs, consumer advertising and promotion development.
- Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting: Work closely with Sales Finance and Demand Planning to ensure accurate forecast and P&L communication.
- Special Projects: Manage special projects as needed (i.e. broker management, customer promo ROI, communication vehicles, competitive activity, sales meeting presentation preparation).
- The following responsibilities will be if the intern is working onsite at Home Office in Green Bay WI: Managing the sample inventories, shipping from facilities, coupon/promotion material mailings.
What you need to succeed:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Must have at least 3 semesters remaining in school upon start date (May 2023 grads or later).
- Must have the ability to work 15-20 hours/week during school year and 40 hours/week during summer (and winter break).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (PowerPoint and Excel).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Displays strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of marketing and social media industry trends.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
Qualifying Positions Offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program