2022 Virtual Summer Intern Program - Predictive Modeling & Analytics Intern
Mr. Cooper's summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it's like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper's collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference!
The Predictive Modeling & Analytics Intern will collaborate with experienced modelers well-versed in statistical and data science techniques in high demand in the marketplace and have the opportunity to learn from a management team with an average of over 15 years of experience training modelers. The department the selected candidate will be a part of solves all business problems involving decision-making under uncertainty (i.e. all probabilistic problems).
The selected candidate will build predictive models that have been demanded by the business. These are not "practice models", rather the final product will be implemented by the business if the model is successful.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Create, enhance and maintain models and model parameters for various models, such as:
- Probability-based outcome modeling and NPV optimization
- Portfolio recapture analysis
- Forecasting prepayment speeds, delinquencies, and defaults
- Real estate market valuation
- Risk scoring and portfolio segmentation
- Marketing response models
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing a graduate degree (Master’s, PhD) from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start
- Be majoring in Data Science, Analytics, Economics or Statistics
- Must be experienced with predictive modeling, multivariate regression, logistic regression, and sample size analysis.
- Programming experience in one of the following: SAS, R, Python
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Strong quantitative skills with a proven ability to translate analysis into meaningful insights and help drive execution strategy.
- Previous SAS experience