2022 Summer Intern Program - Accounting (Financial Reporting) Intern
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us and make a difference instead of just a living.
Mr. Cooper's summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it's like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper's collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
The Accounting (Financial Reporting) Intern will be part of a small, cohesive and collaborative team tasked with SEC and non-SEC filings for Mr. Cooper. For SEC filings, the intern will assist in preparing Form 10-Q along with supporting schedules and tie-out of earnings release and investors presentations. For non-SEC filings, the intern will assist in preparing monthly financial statements and debt covenants for compliance purpose as well as MBFRF filing.
This is a great opportunity to apply accounting knowledge, prepare financial statements and related footnotes, learn about the mortgage industry, and gain exposure to different areas of the business. The selected candidate will contribute to projects that provide significance to shareholders and compliance agencies and collaborate with different groups within the company (accounting, finance, treasury, investor relations, etc.)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Financial Reporting – preparation of various monthly financial reporting packages (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, members’ equity, and debt covenant calculations)
- Regulatory Reporting – preparation of various mortgage industry regulatory financial reports and other financial reports as needed to satisfy state and licensing requirements
- SEC Reporting – preparation of various footnotes and supporting schedules that will be reviewed or audited and included in SEC financial reporting Form 10-Q
- Other – respond to various ad hoc requests
- Customer Service – provide prompt, courteous and professional customer service to internal and external users of financial reporting information.
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Be majoring in Accounting
- Have an accounting background and completed intermediate accounting courses (critical)
- Proficient in MS Excel (i.e. PivotTables, VLookup, Formulas, etc.)
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Great work ethic and desire to learn
- Ability to work effectively in remote work environment
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Have an interest in financial reporting