Sales Development Representative Intern
Do you love making a direct impact on your team? Are you interested in collaborating to bring in new business? Are you looking to make a splash as part of a small, but growing team? Then we’re looking for you!
With now over 1,400 customers, we are looking to expand our Sales Development team so that we can continue to grow and seek out new business opportunities.
FMX is looking to add a Sales Development Representative to its world-class sales team. The ideal candidate is disciplined, detail-oriented, coachable, and constantly seeking self-improvement and the opportunity to further their career in the sales space. You must be able to understand the operations, attributes, economic factors, and behaviors of your target market(s) and your buyer persona(s). You'll be working in a fast-paced, high-energy, and collaborative environment, where you'll be expected to show up every day and impact the strategy and culture of the company in a positive way.
You will hold ownership of the top end of the FMX Sales Funnel: from introducing a prospect to the FMX product, to scheduling initial consultations, on-site visits, and/or webinar demos between the prospect and an Account Executive. This role will work in coordination with the rest of the sales team to generate opportunities, and will have a core focus on one (of three) of FMX’s primary verticals; Education/K-12 schools, Manufacturing, or Property Management.
- Making 60+ outbound phone calls each day
- Engaging with leads given to you by the SDR manager with the goal of setting an appointment for your Account Executive(s)
- Supporting FMX’s marketing efforts by following up on Marketing Qualified Leads and progressing them through the FMX Sales Funnel
- Managing prospect/lead status, data integrity, and prospect notes in Outreach
- Achieving, and exceeding, weekly/monthly metrics (calls, meetings set, qualified opportunities generated, etc.)
- Communicating with the Account Executive team regarding prospect notes, meeting times, and key topics to review for all meetings set
- Contributing to strategic weekly sales and training meetings
- Actively pursuing self-improvement and assisting the team to meet company goals
Experience & Qualities:
- You are interested in sales or a related field
- You maintain exceptional attention to detail, task management, and organizational skills
- You are capable of learning new technologies in a short period of time
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills
- You can build relationships quickly with anyone, particularly over the phone
- You learn rapidly and are highly coachable
- You are self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- You embody our core pillars: We value our work ethic, we are disciplined in our processes and responsibilities, we are coachable and seek out constructive criticism, we value results and are performance-driven, we treat each other and everyone we meet with respect and integrity.
Life as an FMX Sales Team Member:
- You’ll make a big impact: You’ll have influence over the direction of our sales process and future of our company.
- Enjoy flexible working hours: Have a dentist appointment at 8:30 AM? Need to tack on an extra 15 minutes at lunch to squeeze in that workout? As long as you're getting your work done, we are flexible around the traditional "8-to-5" workday.
- Work from home: At FMX we are remote-first, but you’re welcome to use our office as you need. We keep our break room stocked with free snacks and drinks 24/7. We also have an office kegerator.
- You’ll enjoy a collaborative culture and a close-knit team: We're a team of motivated, high-fiving, friendly people. We take collaboration, transparency, continuous improvement, and work/life balance seriously.
- You’ll have a chance to grow professionally with the team: We gather daily to share insights and resources. In addition, we have a weekly book club where we discuss professional development books and look for ways to grow as Salespeople.
- You can wear jeans and tees: Feel free to keep it casual, we do.
The candidate for this position can be located anywhere in the US.
While FMX is formally founded and headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, on the day-to-day, we like to think of ourselves as headquartered “in the cloud”. We develop a cloud-based, software-as-a-service facility maintenance and management product. FMX serves education, property management, manufacturing, and other markets and is one of the fastest-growing companies in its space. Check us out at: https://www.gofmx.com/
Note: All other company requirements are documented in the FMX Employee Handbook.
FMX is an equal opportunity employer.