Mandiant Information Security Internship - Summer 2022
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
A successful Information Security intern at Mandiant should possess an understanding of both information security and computer science. They should understand basic concepts of various security domains such as security risk management, security operations, security governance, and/or cyber incident response programs and be able to work across operational, tactical, and strategic levels to build out and improve security posture. This career is challenging with opportunities to work in some of the most exciting areas of security consulting. If you enjoy working with enterprise level business challenges around security posture, developing security programs, building out solutions, or are astute enough to quickly learn these skills, then you’re the type of intern we’re looking for.
At Mandiant, you’ll be faced with complex problem-solving opportunities and hands-on testing opportunities on a daily basis. We help our clients tackle business problems they are facing while building out and improving their security posture. You will develop your security expertise in assessing, designing and building effective security programs. You will showcase your communication skills. You will get to work with and collaborate some of the best security teams in the industry, causing you to develop new skills as you progress through your career. Are you up to the challenge?
What You Will Do:
- Assess and/or implement existing security controls
- Provide guidance on building and/or maturing information security programs and the implementation of tools and technologies used for enterprise security
- Evaluate client needs, coordinate design for a solution, and clearly communicate the value proposition of complex and highly technical subjects
- Provide knowledge of tools and technologies used for enterprise security
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel
- 1+ years' experience, via internships, classes, projects and similar in at least three of the following:
- Knowledge of tools used in penetration testing, security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, network and endpoint architecture, malware analysis or other areas of security operations
- Understanding of security frameworks, such as ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, HIPAA/HITECH, or PCI DSS Fundamental understanding of networking, including TCP/IP protocols and network topology
- Working with and understanding of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and OSX
- Understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Linux, OSX and network equipment
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Prior experience in a technical security internship
- Experience in security competitions, CTFs and/or testing platforms such as Hack the Box, TryHackMe, Overthewire, etc
- Strong technical acumen and ability to quickly assimilate new information
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external) and manage expectations of others
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.