Lean & Analytics Intern - Summer 2022
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded more than 109 years ago as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work. We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
Our Operations leadership and organization are dedicated to the intern program. We offer a welcoming atmosphere where you will feel comfortable applying your classroom insights. We strive to create an environment focused on mentoring.
Our interns love our open workspace where you’ll be sitting alongside all members of the team, including leadership. We are global team and believe you'll enjoy working with our colleagues in Mexico and Malaysia. We offer the opportunity to engage in start-up environments as well as long standing standard businesses and processes. Understanding the customer need and delivering an exceptional experience drives what we do.
In addition to project-based work, we will help you identify your strengths, facilitate networking experiences with other functions as well as do a “speed-greeting” event with the top operations leadership. We are confident you will enjoy coming to work because we work hard, have fun, and make you feel part of the team.
What you will be doing:
Meaningful work that will build your skills and help Steelcase. Working in the Custom Solutions group will feel very much like being in on the ground floor of a dynamic start-up. The selected candidate will help us solve complex problems in areas like strategic supply chains, analyzing supplier risk and designing business processes. Working with our manufacturing teams and suppliers you will help us deliver unique solutions that enhance the work environment of high-profile customers like Apple and Uber.
60% of projects may include:
- Process mapping & designing process flow
- Review current state and map out value stream of ideal future state
- Developing KPI's
- Designing standard work practices
40% of projects may include:
- Analytics & reporting (Excel- vlookups, macros, etc)
- Dashboard design
Who you are:
- Do you love looking at opportunities with a fresh perspective?
- Are you confident enough to offer your opinions and suggestions?
- Do you like the idea of owning the solution?
- Do you think a project can be red or green, but not yellow?
- Do you develop and assess your daily processes to ensure you’re working as efficiently as possible?
- Can you identify a business need and pair it with the right data to discover a solution?
- Exceptionally strong in Excel - advanced formulas and pivot table preferred
- Major: Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain
- Experience w/ Lean & Tableau is preferred
- Previous internship is a bonus
- Rising Juniors/ Senior
Your Future Team:
The CSG team is a creative cohort of business innovators and relationship builders. Our focus is to establish Steelcase as the most trusted product customization company in our industry. We’re looking forward to bringing your fresh perspective to our wicked problems.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.