2022 Finance & Risk Summer Intern - Houston
About the Role
bp’s intern program will provide you with an invaluable breadth of experience. The challenging role rotations will give you first-hand exposure to how our functional businesses support our supply and trading activities and will contribute to building your long-term career in the organization.
During an internship you can expect to develop a range of competencies and skills through on the job and classroom-based training. You will participate in a training plan that will ensure you develop your non-technical as well as technical skills. Importantly, leadership skills are focused on within your development as we are looking to build future leaders of the business.
Professional qualifications are supported within Finance or Risk and there is the flexibility for you to influence what you study.
You can expect to undertake an internship within one of the following business areas:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Commodity Risk
- Planning & Performance Management (PPM)
- Strategic Change & Operational Risk
- Credit Risk
- Market Risk
Are you ready to ignite your potential with bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
Our internship program provides hands-on, career-specific experience working full-time, usually during summer break. You will work on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to learn about and help to solve some of the most important issues we face. You will experience genuine collaboration, and work alongside highly qualified and experienced colleagues, while you work on live projects and operations, using the latest equipment and technology. Our teams come from all kinds of different cultures and backgrounds – so a career at bp is always going to be exciting, substantial and full of incredible opportunities.
Every year, we take interns studying a range of disciplines into our summer internship program, many of whom go on to join us full-time when they graduate. Opportunities exist in all major areas of bp to explore your career dreams and develop the technical and professional skills you will need for a successful career, while earning a competitive salary and learning about the world of business.
At bp, we are #oneteam, so the safety of each member of our community is of the utmost importance to us. Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home and as a result we have implemented a virtual hiring process and are onboarding new hires remotely.
- A cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
- bp will not support US Immigration sponsorship for intern, full-time or long-term employment
- pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute of higher learning
- Geographically mobile and willing to relocate to Houston, TX
- Graduating December 2022 through May 2023
- Must be available for continuous 12-week period for duration of internship
- Majoring in Economics, Finance, Math, Engineering. We recognize that this is not an exclusive list but a demonstrated interest in the financial markets is key
- Working knowledge of excel, access and SharePoint
- Students should be in the 3rd year of a four-year degree program or in the 4th year of a five-year program. Interns join us during the summer prior to their intended graduation year.
- Internships are not available for students who have completed their degree or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship
At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a diverse team of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can’t do it alone. We are looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a fresh perspective, collaborative spirit, and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.