Intern or Co-Op
Mascaro is seeking an intern or co-op student passionate for construction in the Western Pennsylvania region (or within a 6-hour radius, to include the Carolinas) at one of our exciting projects! In this role, you will be a contributing team member and provided a hands-on learning experience with a general contractor. Students will gain leading industry knowledge and a memorable experience at Mascaro.
Mascaro has grown to be one of Southwest Pennsylvania’s largest and most reputable contractors and has most recently branched out into the Charlotte and Rock Hill markets. We take great pride in being a builder of projects. In addition to finding satisfaction in successful building construction, we enjoy watching upcoming talent grow into the future of our industry. Just as no two projects are exactly alike, the same can be said for experiences. That is why it is important to choose the right internship or co-op to complement your education.
In today’s competitive market, the most desired job candidates possess more than academic excellence. Having hands-on knowledge and experience gained through coveted internships or co-ops will provide an edge over the competition. We dedicate time and energy to provide a high value internship or co-op experience, offering front line exposure that will help shape your career and set you apart from your peers.
It’s all about the experience and at Mascaro, we deliver great ones. When you build with Mascaro, you build with the best.
We offer exposure to all facets of building, heavy, and industrial projects. In addition to our operations and estimating divisions, we also seek interns and co-ops who are interested in accounting, marketing, business development, virtual construction, scheduling, safety, quality assurance and control, and human resources.
As a Top Workplace, our internship and co-op programs aim to complement your education with a family atmosphere geared at providing real-world experience through the following facets:
- Development Opportunities - both online and in-person training to support new learning while strengthening your core construction management skill sets.
- Estimating Immersion - facilitating an introduction to contracts, scope sheets, project drawings and specifications, and scheduling requirements. Observation and participation in project-related meetings, cost reporting, and forecasting.
- Field Experience - enabling familiarity with all quality control and assurance processes; exposure to health, safety, and environmental requirements; document and trade management.
- Mentorship - each intern is assigned a peer mentor to build your personal network, provide guidance, oversight, and encouragement for overall progress and experience within the program.
- Current student in an accredited degree program including civil engineering, construction management, safety or a related field in the construction industry
- Ability to work a 12-week period in an office or construction site environment with occasional travel
- Aptitude to work as a team player with strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communications and active listening skills
- Competencies to read and follow instructions and specifications
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mascaro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mascaro does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 1+412-321-4901.
- Visit www.mascaroconstruction.com
- Click the "careers" tab on the right hand side
- Click "job listings"
- Click "intern or co-op" listing
- Click the green "Apply Now" box for application instructions