2022 Summer Intern Program – Corporate Social Responsibility Intern
Mr. Cooper 's summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it's like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper Group's collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Intern may expect to learn about and synthesize data related to corporate social responsibility and gain a deeper understanding of how non-financial factors drive value for a company. The specific assignment and scope will be tailored to suit the CSR Intern’s background and interests as well as Mr. Cooper’s CSR Team’s business needs. This role will have the opportunity to train with and shadow skilled professionals who have broad experience in driving successful diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) initiatives, CSR programs, and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) reporting strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with non-profit relationship, DEI efforts, ESG practices, and outreach events
- Participate in community service, networking, and day-to-day business activities. These business activities may include but are not limited to:
- Employee engagement efforts and interaction with Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Policy review and regulatory applicability studies
- Improving the quality of select non-financial or environmental, social, and governance (ESG) data
- Assisting with the analysis of sustainability metrics
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Majoring in Political Science, Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Business, Public Relations, Public Policy, or related degree
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong analytical reasoning with the ability to perform critical data analysis and present a narrative using actionable data-driven insights
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Excel - vlookup)
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- History of working or volunteering with local organizations focused on community service, social justice, financial education, or environmental stewardship