Campus Recruitment - 2022 Industrial Engineer Summer Internship
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
Global Services Group offers a great pathway into Amex to build knowledge and experience about operations and leadership skills – including servicing, back office, Credit & Collections, card member acquisition and fraud detection.
Business Unit/Role Specific Info
Our IEs act as internal business consultants to support our servicing and operations business groups. Our primary goals are to enable superior customer experiences while reducing costs, by applying thought leadership and innovation to identify process improvement opportunities. You will be leading and supporting efforts to collect data, analyze for insights, develop proposals & recommendations for senior leadership, and deploy improvements to our systems & processes. Projects will give exposure to multiple different business groups across the enterprise, coordinating with Technologies, Finance, Risk, Operations, Marketing, Brand, external vendors, and many more.
• Directly lead projects & make a real world impact on our business & Card Members.
• Gain experience with & create world class strategies, systems, and processes.
• Leverage your statistical manufacturing tools and consulting techniques in the finance industry.
• Work as a team member in a large engineering organization of IEs, Analysts, & Project Managers – dedicated to helping improve business processes & drive optimization.
• Experience diversified opportunities at our Phoenix & Florida service centers, including diverse career growth opportunities horizontally and vertically within the organization.
• Competitive compensation package for internships – with summer relocation support .
• Ability to clearly and consistently communicate orally & in writing with superiors & peers.
• Adept at root cause and quantitative analysis using analytical skills.
• Understanding of continuous process improvement & problem solving methodologies.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams.
• Results driven with the ability to manage projects & initiatives to completion.
• Demonstrated ability to drive project implementation working with diverse customer groups.
• Knowledge & exposure using common IE software (such as Excel, SQL, etc).
• Knowledge, exposure, or expertise in multiple IE topics, such as the following :
continuous improvement • complex problem solving • cost benefit analysis • Six Sigma • lean • project management • statistics • operations research • • forecasting • quality control / statistical process control • work/motion study • design of experiments • process or value stream mapping • etc.
• Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s or Graduate degree program in one of the below areas or similar:
• Industrial, Manufacturing, Systems, or Operations Engineering
• Information Technology/Systems
• Supply Chain Management
• Engineering Management
• Industrial Distribution
• Business Data Analytics
• Students must have a graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
For more information, please visit our career website at https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/careers/.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf