Industrial Engineering Intern - Fall 2021
Fall 2021 Internship | Industrial Engineering
School Year: May 2022, Recent Graduates or Current Graduate Student
Camping World is looking for Industrial Engineering Interns for the Fall of 2021 to work closely with the Corporate Development department. As an intern, you will assist with the daily operations and gain a first-hand experience in the department. We are looking for someone who is driven and who wants to be immersed in a real-world experience. If you are eager to learn, have a strong interest in Industrial Engineering and want to further develop yourself as a professional; this is the ideal role for you!
As an Industrial Engineering Intern, you will play an instrumental role collaborating with Field Operations on large and complex new business implementations. An Industrial Engineering Intern will serve as a resource to departments for operational problem identification, resolution, and continuous improvement for organic growth opportunities.
· Gain a clear understanding of store operations
· Provide research to Field Operations and Leadership on how to maximize efficiency while keeping the associate and customer experiences in mind.
· Conduct time studies and develop work measurement standards for labor standards.
· Audit operations for following Quality Validation Assessments process.
· Drive development and/or installation of direct and indirect labor standards and methods Track labor, efficient manpower utilization and line balancing.
· Analyze production and non-production operations to determine those requiring study and develop new or improved methods and standards.
· Recommend adjustments to ensure the solutions incorporate and accurate scope of work.
· Perform cost benefit analyses to ensure effective use of Camping World resources and maximum return-on-investment.
· Assist with validation of planned versus actual task completion to determine field project impacts.
· In pursuit of or a recent graduate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or a closely related field.
· Cumulative: 3.0 GPA
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Camping World is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
About Camping World
The outdoors is a big place and just as it offers endless adventures, so does our company.
Camping World is the premier one-stop-shop for everything RV. Along with RV parts and accessories, we also offer a full selection of new and used RVs for sale; service centers with over 1,900 bays and over 1,600 technicians on staff; over 100 collision centers; RV Spa detail and refurbishment centers; technical advice from knowledgeable experts and hard-to-find parts.
As the RV industry leader, Camping World is always looking for new and better ways to enhance your RV and outdoor experience. Camping World is a big place, just like the great outdoors. We make it our mission to equip you for it. We are seeking dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We've got an awesome team already, but there's always room for more!