Accounting Intern - Summer 2022
2022 Summer Internship | Accounting
School Year: May 2022/2023, Recent Grads or Graduate Students
Dates of the Internship: June 1, 2022 – August 6th, 2022
Format: In-Person (Remote Accepted)
Camping World is looking for a driven Accounting intern for the summer of 2022 to work closely in our Accounting department. As an intern, you will assist with the daily operations and gain a first-hand experience in our Accounting department. We are looking for someone who is motivated with basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and who wants to be immersed into the world of accounting. If you are eager to learn and want to further develop yourself as a professional; this is the ideal internship for you. This role is a full-time, paid, nine-week internship that will offer a great opportunity to work alongside professionals in your desired field.
- Report to your manager and mentor in the accounting department daily for specified tasks
- Take on individual projects while ensuring daily communication with supervisors and learning different aspects of accounting
- Assist with research, filing, data entry and recording while maintaining complete and accurate financial reports.
- Conduct comparative analysis research focusing on competing companies within the industry
- Use Power BI to create data analysis reports
- Prepare financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements
- Assist Senior Accounting manager in cash management, bank reconciliation, and intercompany billing
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity and honesty
- Collaborate with the Accounting department to analyze data, and support customers and employees
- In pursuit of or a recent graduate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or a closely related field.
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Financial planning and analysis skills
- Must be diligent, organized, and extremely detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with ability to multitask.
- Willingness to adapt to accounting systems and company, local, state, and federal financial regulations.
Camping World is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
About Camping World
The outdoors is a big place and just as it offers endless adventures, so does our company.
Camping World is the premier one-stop-shop for everything RV. Along with RV parts and accessories, we also offer a full selection of new and used RVs for sale; service centers with over 1,900 bays and over 1,600 technicians on staff; over 100 collision centers; RV Spa detail and refurbishment centers; technical advice from knowledgeable experts and hard-to-find parts.
As the RV industry leader, Camping World is always looking for new and better ways to enhance your RV and outdoor experience. Camping World is a big place, just like the great outdoors. We make it our mission to equip you for it. We are seeking dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We've got an awesome team already, but there's always room for more!