Infrastructure Specialist/Architect Intern: Summer 2022 (CIO)
The infrastructure running industries like transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare are quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before, between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Start dates for this internship position are during Summer 2022 (3 months). You must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate degree-seeking program throughout the internship term in order to qualify.
IBM CIO (Chief Information Office) Organization is looking for innovative talent who bring fresh new ideas to create a productive environment for all IBMers across the globe through our internship program offering. Our mission is to provide the best work experience in a digital workplace to all IBM employees and consequently positively impact on the way IBM deliver what our clients need.
Are you interested in working in an innovative and collaborative environment for the summer? If so, this is your chance to work in the first IBM area to become agile and to create meaningful solutions that impact our technology and business transformation for a new business era – all in just one summer!
This is an office-based position in Poughkeepsie, NY.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Math, IT Systems, or a similar degree program
- Clear & concise interpersonal and communication skills needed to interact with IT peers, related vendors, as well as IBM internal customers
- One or more of the following:
- Basic knowledge and experience with AIX, Linux, and/or other UNIX operating systems (i.e. Solaris, HP-UX). Installing, configuring, and updating operating systems on various hardware types
- Basic knowledge and experience with middleware applications, i.e. Apache Web Server, mySQL, DB2, SVN
- Exposure to or basic knowledge of IT disciplines: backup & recovery, batch job scheduling, license server administration, shared file systems, performance monitoring/tuning, user id and access management, high availability concepts, database admin and concepts, network connectivity
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP Networking concepts & configuration. Includes ethernet, firewalls, network hardware and associated configuration
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge of Virtualization
- Basic knowledge of Scripting (bash, shells, perl, C++, PHP)
- Basic knowledge of Remote Consoles
- Basic knowledge of shared filesystems (NFS ,GSA, AFS, GPFS)
- Basic knowledge and experience with Project Management principles (planning workload and teaming with peers in department)
- Basic knowledge and experience with Windows Client/Server