Summer Technology Internship- Chevy Chase, MD
Summer Technology Internship - Chevy Chase, MD
Are you looking for an IT internship that will challenge you and provide real opportunities to apply the IT skills that you are learning in college? GEICO's IT Summer Internship in the Washington DC area will do all this and more! Reimagine insurance and learn more about our tech careers because we are Careers Unexpected.
During your paid 10-week internship, you will:
- Have the unique opportunity to utilize your information technology skills through individual assignments and team projects
- Work on significant IT business projects, attend meetings, and give presentations to senior management
- Receive mentoring and coaching from members of IT management
- Interact with associates at all levels of our technology organization- even our CIO!
- Develop your technical, project management, communication, and leadership skills
GEICO's IT teams have positioned our company as a mobile and internet leader. Being a summer intern at GEICO has the potential to lead to a full-time IT career upon graduation.
Required Candidate Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Information Technology, Information Systems, or a related major
- Current junior or senior status (i.e class of December 2022 or May 2023)
- GPA of at least a 3.0 both overall and in major
- Coursework or related work/internship experience using Java, .NET, iOS, Android or C# technologies with well-rounded experiences outside of the classroom
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Preferred candidates will have demonstrated leadership potential
- Ability to live and work in the Washington DC area
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.