Strategy Analyst Intern - Operations - Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
About the Operations Strategy Team
Our team acts as internal consultants seeks to identify the problem and determine the best course of action. We strategically partner with diverse teams across operations to manage c-suite level problems.
Here are some examples of projects our team manages: - strategic roadmap, crafting a turnaround plan for a key business unit, or preparing an integration plan for an acquired company.
What you will do
You provide practical answers to real problems, and be mentored on how to execute large-scale operational change. We believe you'll love being mentored by former top tier consultants with deep experience in operations and a passion for producing high-quality work.
You will be encouraged to:
- Help break down the problems we work on into discrete questions that can be addressed through a set of analyses, interviews, and the integration of disparate information
- Build a plan on how to answer those discrete questions (e.g. what analysis should be performed, who should we talk to) and execute it by sourcing information, processing it, and integrating it into a robust answer
- Prepare documents summarizing the information gathered and conclusions reached which will be used to communicate your findings
- Communicate insights to a variety of levels in leadership - including senior operations leaders
- Project management and balance priorities to achieve goals
- Partner with leaders from across the organization to ensure the effective implementation of decisions made by the executive team as a result of the findings and recommendations provided
Who You Are:
- Problem Solving –Are you an excellent problem solver with outstanding analytical & communication skills?
- Analytical - Are you someone who desires to absorb a large amount of new information quickly?
- Curious- Are you passionate about learning?
- Do you love working in a fast-paced environment with firm goals or timelines to meet?
- Do you thrive in an independent environment where you identify the next project steps rather than wait for your manager to tell you what to do?
- Currently a junior pursuing a Bachelors degree
- We seek candidates who do not require sponsorship after graduation.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else is all encouraged to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.