Service Engineering Operations-Technical Support Analyst (Summer 2022 Intern)
Looking for a great answer to what did you learn this Summer? This is it!
Ford is looking for talented individuals to be our next generation of innovators and leaders. As part of Service Engineering Operations (SEO), the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) team assists Dealers in solving complex vehicle concerns, shares technical information and emerging concerns with the problem-solving teams in the company such as engineering and plays a key role in the development of future leaders in SEO.
Technical Support Analysts work on specialized vehicle commodity teams using their critical thinking and problem-solving skills to provide technically accurate and professionally communicated recommendations to the Dealers to help get vehicles fixed right the first time. As part of Service Engineering Operations (SEO), the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) team assists Dealers in solving complex vehicle concerns, shares technical information and emerging concerns with the problem-solving teams in the company, such as engineering, and plays a key role in the development of future leaders in SEO. It is a unique opportunity to demonstrate your passion to learn and be part of automotive and mobility leadership, apply your automotive knowledge and skillsets in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and make a difference while developing your own technical and professional skills.
Who wouldn’t want to have a Summer to see some ground-breaking initiatives in our amazing Company, develop your technical skills and enhance your professional skills, build a network of professionals in a field you are passionate about and make some friends along the way? Your role as an Intern in the Technical Assistance Center offers a unique look into how our entire SEO organization is integral in the service repair process and how we impact the relationship with our Dealers and our customers. Along with all of the educational opportunities and training provided by our TAC Leadership and Development team and TAC Team Members, you will have opportunities to attend special presentations and training, networking and team building events with our team and all of the Ford Summer Interns. Like what you’re reading so far? Check out the qualifications and if you meet them, come experience Summer 2022 with us – we’d love to have you!
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Sophomore level education status or above
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in automotive-related programs such as, but not limited to, Automotive Technology, Automotive Technology Management, Field Service Operations, Advanced Vehicle Systems, Automotive Engineering Technology, Automotive Service Technology and Automotive Industry Management
- Candidates must have GPA of 2.8 or above
- Graduation dates between December 2022 and September 2024
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence to build relationships with team members and customers while positively representing the Ford brand
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills that demonstrate the ability to use many resources to resolve complex technical and business-related concerns
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, diverse working environment that develops skilled and motivated people working together to deliver results
- Strong desire to be curious, learn, operate with empathy and never let a customer down
- Proficient computer skills and ability to navigate various resource systems
- Automotive dealership or independent hands-on diagnostic and vehicle repair experience
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: