Business Development Intern
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Channel division collaborates with our distributor partners on TE's global distribution vision, strategy and business initiatives by aligning our goals to drive faster growth and better serve our mutual customers through the delivery of unsurpassed service and value. From marketing strategy, sales training and customer care to supply chain, pricing and new design engineering, TE's Channel division supports distributors throughout the entire sales process. Supporting all TE business units, Channel employees have the unique opportunity to gain a well-rounded understanding of the company. Channel owns the small customers for TE and works with a dedicated group of distribution partners to drive growth while delivering unsurpassed service and value to both TE's small indirect customers and distributors.
As an intern at TE Connectivity, you will gain experience working for a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. TE Interns apply their classroom experience to value-add projects that create impact across our businesses. Throughout the 10-12 week Summer Internship Program, TE Interns receive a high touch onboarding experience to support their transition from school into the workforce. Interns come together weekly for events such as professional development workshops, executive panel discussions, networking events, plant tours, community involvement, etc. Each intern is assigned a mentor, specific to their development & interests to support them with navigating their internship. Our program has been named to Way Up’s Top 100 Internship Programs List for the past two consecutive years & over 96% of our previous interns would recommend TE’s Internship Program to a friend. After the internship, students will have gained tangible experience to build their resume & kick start their career. All TE Interns are evaluated and considered for return internships & full-time career opportunities upon graduation.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE
Key elements of success for this role are:
- The ability to gather and analyze disparate data, analyze it for commonality, cause & effect, and key business indicators, generate insights and recommendations, and succinctly present those to influence behaviors and business decisions.
- Agility to generate rapid insights with an equal focus on urgency and quality.
- Willingness, ability, and comfort to work independently and with limited oversight.
- Influencing of stakeholders via open and transparent communication.
- Critical thinking and continuously challenging existing practices to drive impactful business results.
- Commitment to TE’s core values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Innovation.
Actual internship project(s) will be determined based on the incoming intern’s capabilities and interests, current business needs, and likely to fluctuate with business needs. Interns may be expected to support projects such as:
Sales Coverage Modeling:
- Map out market opportunity and existing sales coverage.
- Work with sales and regional leadership to determine business needs.
- Assist with development of optimal coverage and service model.
- Utilize financial modeling to determine ROI.
- Research, define, and develop an approach to track network performance.
- Support project management regarding advanced analytical tools to optimize coverage.
- Identify opportunities for cost and performance optimization.
- Develop recommendations regarding product optimization.
Additional examples of potential projects:
- Generate market analysis to expand TE’s business opportunity pipeline.
- Automate a process to rank distributor performance.
- Identify causes of and mitigation measures for customer churn.
This position may work remotely or at a TE Connectivity site.
What your background should look like:
- Must be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree in business or data analytics from an accredited university or college throughout the duration of the internship.
- Previous experience in strategy or business development is preferred.
- Analytics, work structure and management, and communications competencies:
- Inquisitive disposition. Ability to think through problems in a structured, logic-driven manner.
- Ability to structure work and manage projects.
- Ability to conduct market and industry research, organize and integrate information, and generate qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Background in financial analysis, modeling, and evaluation of opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience in creating and delivering presentations and communicating ideas and plans.
- Ability to influence others using data and analytics, presented in a clear, concise method.
- People, Teamwork and Leadership competencies:
- A team player with mature, professional presence and the ability to collaborate and influence others to move toward a common vision or goal.
- High cross-cultural awareness.
- Passion for technology.
- Ability to utilize a partner / customer perspective.
- Curiosity to ask probing questions and make discoveries.
- Commitment to excellence, ensuring objectives are met and delivered on-time.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
• Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $16-23 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
• Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.