Product Manager MBA Intern - Summer 2022
•This is a Summer 2022 Internship program. Spring and Fall 2022 internships are not available at this time.
•Recruitment and application consideration will be on a continuous basis throughout Fall 2021 and early Winter 2022.
•Must currently be pursuing Bachelor’s, Master’s or MBA degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field from an accredited college or university.
•Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2022.
•Must reside in the U.S. during the Summer internship program.
•Must be able to obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for the summer.
*Note - You are applying to a general Product Manager Intern position, not a specific open role. This job posting is an advertisement for all PayPal Summer Product Manager Internship opportunities that will be opened throughout the Fall and Winter but will not be posted directly to our career site. Students who apply to this position will be contacted by a recruiter if they are selected to interview for a specific intern role. At that point, the intern candidate will receive the specific position details for review.
At PayPal, we’re literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it’s about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world?
The world’s leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion, and wellness.
Looking for a career path that combines technical savvy with business perspective? Product Managers at PayPal are data-driven decision makers, building new features and products that touch millions of customers and merchants around the globe. The candidate will perform analysis or mining of data, evangelize the insights drawn from the data analysis and work with developers and designers to define features based on these insights. As a Product Manager Intern, you will be focused on ensuring the aggressive expansion of PayPal’s business, helping to explore key opportunities for growth, creating stellar customer experiences and supporting all aspects of the business while partnering with employees from all backgrounds and organizational leaders.
- Think strategically and creatively to gather product and customer insights and help define the Product Vision and Strategy
- Understand PayPal’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in class
- Analyze current customer experiences to define friction points and create seamless and effortless experiences
- Develop product roadmaps and work with cross-functional teams (business, program managers, product, development, UX, analytics)
- Define detailed product requirements, scope, ship, measure features and use rapid cycles to iterate and learn
- Drive product development by building end to end solutions with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers/cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills
- Knowledge of data analytics and statistics (using SQL, R, Hive, etc.)
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Strong problem-solving abilities - you can cut through the noise and laser focus on what really matters
- Experience working with internet technologies or the payments industry is desirable
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies to understand customers and an ability to explore and structure customers’ insights
- Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and to understand technology
- Ability to write scripts or snippets of code preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to interface and build relations at all levels