Investment Operations Summer Associate Los Angeles
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can lead a full life.”
- You’ll have countless development opportunities through our on-demand development system, 360 feedback and a dedicated support team.
- You’ll cultivate meaningful relationships through opportunities to interact with our employee resource groups and community service events.
- You’ll get exposure to global leadership through our speaker series.
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
“I can succeed as an Investment Operations Summer Associate at Capital Group.”
As an Investment Operations Summer Associate based in Los Angeles, you will work with other partner facing operations and information and insights associates on meaningful projects and daily production work that directly supports the investment operations process, while giving you exposure to multiple areas of the group. Our Investment Operations group has approximately 800 associates globally, supporting core components of the investment process and growth of the business through optimized, durable and scalable processes designed to achieve our company’s long-term objectives.
Our Summer Associate Program aims to provide an experience that mirrors the life of a full-time associate with respect to workload, responsibilities, and expectations.
“I can do meaningful work.”
- You’ll process buy and sell transactions requested by investment professionals
- You’ll monitor that all trading activity and investment decisions are in line with client, internal and regulatory guidelines
- You’ll calculate return for portfolios, investment vehicles, and investment group
- You’ll provide portfolio information, performance data, market commentary and other organizational statistics to institutional clients
- You’ll analyze and improve end-to-end business processes that touch all parts of investment operations
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree, in junior standing, graduating in 2023
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- You have an interest in pursuing a career in financial services
- You have demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities
- You express ideas effectively and interact professionally with others
- You are a continuous learner, with a hunger for knowledge (and numbers)
- You are highly collaborative
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.