Data Scientist Intern, Chief Analytics Office- 2022 Summer Intern
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2022 (3 MONTHS)
This position is an internal Data Scientist Intern role with the Chief Analytics Office. You will work alongside consultants, managers, and senior data scientists to enhance business performance through analytics and data science focused initiatives. The position’s main role and responsibilities include:
- data exploration, extraction and manipulation
- fact-based quantitative analysis using data visualization techniques
- building innovative statistical and machine learning models, writing code, testing and validating
- interpreting output and performance of models in business terms, communicating findings to the team
- collaborate in a team environment
Are you passionate about harnessing the power of big data and analytics to address real-world business problems and play a key role in influencing change? If so, we want you to apply.
The smartest companies today fully leverage data analytics for strategic decision making.The IBM Chief Analytics Office, a division of IBM Corporate Headquarters, combines business knowledge with big data to direct the future of IBM’s strategic transformation. Do you want to drive significant change within a leading global company and influence C-suite level decisions?
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM field
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience and/or coursework with common Python libraries used by data scientists (e.g., NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, scikit-learn, matplotlib, Seaborn, etc.)
- Experience and/or coursework in statistics and machine learning
- Experience and/or coursework working with structured and unstructured data
- Understanding of database technologies, data structures and SQL
- Demonstrated ability to think about business and technical challenges in an enterprise setting
- Good presentation and communication skills with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Demonstrated a strong desire to learn new skills and excitement towards undertaking challenging transformations
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Live or be willing to relocate to New York
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- MS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM field
- Understanding of code versioning
- Knowledge of big data technologies (e.g., spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience deploying analytical models to solve business problems
About Business Unit
The IBM Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tasked by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Through state of the art technology, and the power of artificial intelligence we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Other Data Science
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Early Professional Track
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?