Measurement Engineering & Analytics Intern
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
TC Energy Wants to Know…
Are you up for the challenge? We’re on the lookout for students enrolled in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering programs or similar degrees for May 2022 internships.
We engage our students in the very core of our operations. As a valued member of the team, you’ll do exciting, challenging work, solve real world problems, and make a meaningful impact. You’ll learn about the business and build your professional network by working closely with other skilled people at TC Energy.
Measurement Technology & Analytics is a group within the Measurement Engineering & Analytics department within the US Natural Gas business unit. We provide engineering support and real-time data analytics capabilities for the electronics systems at thousands of natural gas measurement and regulation facilities across the US.
This role is based in Charleston, WV.
Tasks could be:
- Perform basic troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of equipment (E.g., Remote Terminal Units, Gas Chromatographs, ultrasonic meters)
- Assist with remotely analyzing anomalous equipment data by looking at real-time telemetry trends and graphs.
- Support and assist measurement engineers as needed
- Actively enrolled in an Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent program, with at least four semesters of education complete and one semester remaining following your work term
- Academic level knowledge of electronics, automation, or control systems
- Proficient with Windows based computer systems
- Able to write technical documents.
- Able to analyze data and make decisions based on observations in trends
- Attention to detail
- Exhibit a safety mindset, in a professional and personal setting
- Must exhibit the TC Energy corporate values and incorporate them into work activities and initiatives: safety, responsibility, integrity and collaboration
- Legally entitled to work in the U.S. permanently without requiring sponsorship
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment
- Committed to building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to accurately analyze information and deal with ambiguity
- Experience working in a dynamic and challenging environment, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task effectively, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Reflective and committed to continuous improvement and personal development
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.