Intern Insurance Officer
This is a paid internship; however, intern must provide own housing and transportation. Business related transportation and expenses will be paid by the organization. This internship will work full-time hours during the summer of 2022. Intern must be able to work from the Rochester, MN office.
Compeer Financial is seeking collaborative, innovative and dynamic professionals to be a part of our Top Workplace culture!
This internship will work with the Crop Insurance sales team to process and service Compeer clients regarding multi-peril crop insurance (MPCI), crop hail and other insurance policies. This is a paid internship, however students must provide their own housing and transportation. Business related transportation and expenses will be paid by the organization.
- Develop an understanding of crop insurance products available through Compeer Financial and risk management strategies that can be achieved with these products that meet client needs.
- Provide support to the sales team and interact with clients in the office, on the farm or via phone, mail or text (as needed).
- Collaborate with AIP underwriters and Insurance sales team to review and gather documents for accuracy and completion as needed.
- Scan completed documents into document management system and file according to document name.
- Data entry into the AIP systems.
- Protect client confidentiality and integrity of Compeer client data.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or a related field.
- Knowledge of agriculture and agricultural operations is preferred.
- Efficient, accurate, detail oriented.
- Proficient with multiple forms of technology and software including Microsoft applications.
- Ability to deliver high quality products and services.
- Oral and written communication skills, sufficient to exchange information effectively with internal and external clients.
Who is Compeer Financial?
Compeer Financial exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America. By joining our team, you will help empower those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities. We embrace business agility and innovative approaches to serving our clients and communities.
Why join our team?
- Amazing team members who are passionate about serving agriculture and rural America.
- Investment in our team members’ education, growth and development.
- Engagement in our communities through giving back and volunteerism.
- Flexible, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- Great benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401K (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, volunteer time)
Find out why our team members choose Compeer Financial by watching this video.
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates, please apply online at https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_CompeerFinancial/external/jobDetails/jobDetail.html?jobPostId=1988&localeCode=en-us
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.