U.S. Planning & Budgeting Intern
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
TC Energy Wants to Know…
Are you up for the challenge? We’re on the lookout for students enrolled in accounting of finance programs for May 2022 internships.
We engage our students in the very core of our operations. As a valued member of the team, you’ll do exciting, challenging work, solve real world problems, and make a meaningful impact. You’ll learn about the business and build your professional network by working closely with other skilled people at TC Energy. U.S. Planning and Budgeting is responsible for the budget preparation and analysis of operating expenses for the US Natural Gas segment of the company. This team provides monthly reporting and analysis of all operating expenses to all levels of management within the US Natural Gas segment.
This role is based in Charleston, WV.
Tasks could be:
- Prepare operating expense analysis for a major natural gas pipeline transmission and storage company.
- Conduct analytical assignments requiring theoretical and practical application of financial concepts and methodologies
- Perform monthly operational financial results analysis
- Prepare financial reports documenting explanations and analysis of significant or unusual variances in actual results from budget and forecasts
- Collects and analyzes information on complex assignments
- Supports special projects as needed and assist in solving problems
- Works independently with some supervision as well as in a team setting to accomplish team objectives and goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Actively enrolled in an accounting or finance program, with at least four semesters of education complete and at least one semester remaining following your work term
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment
- Able to thrive when working independently and in a team environment
- The ability to work with large amounts of data and to interpret that data
- Exhibit a safety mindset, in a professional and personal setting
- Must exhibit the TC Energy corporate values and incorporate them into work activities and initiatives: safety, responsibility, integrity and collaboration
- Legally entitled to work in the U.S. permanently without requiring sponsorship
- Committed to building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to accurately analyze information and deal with ambiguity
- Experience working in a dynamic and challenging environment, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task effectively, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity
- Reflective and committed to continuous improvement and personal development