R&D/Product Development Engineering Intern (75843)
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of connectors, contactors, relays, sensors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 6,000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions.
As part of the AD&M team, you will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business, whilst maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
As an intern at TE Connectivity, you will gain experience working for a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. TE Interns apply their classroom experience to value-add projects that create impact across our businesses.
Throughout the 10-12 week Summer Internship Program, TE Interns receive a high touch onboarding experience to support their transition from school into the workforce. Interns come together weekly for events such as professional development workshops, executive panel discussions, networking events, plant tours, community involvement, etc. Each intern is assigned a mentor, specific to their development & interests to support them with navigating their internship. Our program has been named to Way Up’s Top 100 Internship Programs List for the past two consecutive years & over 96% of our previous interns would recommend TE’s Internship Program to a friend.
After the internship, students will have gained tangible experience to build their resume & kick start their career. All TE Interns are evaluated and considered for return internships & full-time career opportunities upon graduation.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE
The R&D/Product Development Engineering Intern will play a pivotal role in the design, analysis, and manufacturing support of ruggedized connector products and related accessories for the harsh environments found in aerospace and defense applications. This position will have emphasis on supporting customer interaction and customer support. You will be on the front end of new programs and future technologies to drive customer engagement with TE. You will support development product concepts that range from miniature connectors, high speed signal connectors, and high amperage power connectors. You will utilize 3D printing and other additive manufacturing technologies to develop concepts. A heavy emphasis on using digital tools like ANSYS and 3D modeling to create concepts and simulate product performance before the manufacturing and validation testing of product.
Using product technology roadmaps from the business office, customer specifications, and robust VoC (voice of the customer) you will work in a multidisciplinary project team to support developing a plan for each product/project and execute the strategy for product development to help grow the AD&M business.
This position is located at our Middletown, PA site.
What your background should look like:
- Due to ITAR restrictions, US citizenship or US lawful permanent residency status is required to apply for this position.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from US accredited university with a graduation date of August 2022 or later.
- Experience with 3D modelling, direct or parametric.
- Experience with simulation/analysis tools (FEA, Moldflow, CFD)
- Customer focused, building strong relationships
- Experience designing product for Additive Manufacturing/Rapid Prototyping technologies
- An awareness of LEAN principles and other Six Sigma methodologies, LDFSS Black Belt or Green Belt certification a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, and quality assurance protocols
- Experience applying Geometric Design and Tolerancing methods.
- Thorough understanding of creating and checking Engineering Prints and Documents.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to implement innovative thinking (patents, noteworthy designs, novel process improvements, taking risks)
- Strong business acumen as well as a strong technical aptitude to understand our products and customer needs
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.