Vehicle Hardware - Program Management Internship (Spring 2022)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time (40 hours/week), for most internships. Please consider before applying.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
The Autopilot and Electronics Product Design (AEPD) and the Electronics System team is looking for motivated undergraduate and graduate students to join our Engineering Program Management team. The EPM team is responsible for shepherding R&D organization through the new product design, validation, and factory NPI process across all Tesla vehicle platforms. We are the lubricant that keep the engine running smoothly. An example list of products we own include but not limited to display, car computer, radar, camera, ultrasonic sensors. We will provide training and mentorship for our interns, and the expectation is that they can work independently, take responsibility, and can adapt to our fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Drive cross functional teams to meet tight deadlines in a methodical, organized, and concise manner, own the requirement definition, OK2Tool, and design validation process, and support new product launches.
- Communicate engineering requirements between Supply Chain and Purchasing to facilitate material planning.
- Drive vendors to deliver in a timely manner with superior quality.
- Consolidate inputs from across Tesla into executive reviews highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Contribute in analytics to help drive engineering decision and create dashboards to monitor CM/Factory/Vehicle critical data.
- Coordination and tracking of running changes (ex. cost savings, field failures, etc.) for all programs (MS/X, M3) with design, manufacturing & service
- Structuring, releasing, and owning engineering bill of material (BOM) for assigned vehicle components (ECOs).
- Release engineering change actions to suppliers, create and maintain engineering bill of materials.
- As needed, analyze fleet data to inform decision making.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science).
- Prior program management experience or managing a team, such as FSAE, Hyperloop, etc.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work in a fast paced and dynamic development environment and willing to get your hands dirty.
- Able to distill technical information and identify critical path/elements.
- Can-do attitude and a learning mentality.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).