Summer Intern-Internal Audit
Who we are?
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
What to Expect ?
In Internal Audit, we work in a team-centric Agile environment. Interns will be exposed to a variety of different topics that will excite and challenge them. Our interns gain broad exposure to State Farm and deep and enriching experience in their area of discipline. Additionally, interns will be involved in one or more projects with other interns and Internal Audit employees, which will showcase their creativity and problem solving skills. Internal Audit interns will be assigned a mentor to assist with training and understanding, but we are a team and everyone is here to help. Interns will be expected to be able to work both individually and collaboratively. Summer 2022 internship will take place May 23 to August 5.
A Day in the life of an Internal Audit Intern:
• The Internal Audit Intern will join a talented agile team of peers responsible for control testing all facets of operations at State Farm.
• Interns are provided the opportunity to demonstrate understanding of modern operational processes and conduct detailed testing to support control recommendations delivered to business partners.
• Ideal candidate will effectively use business judgment to share risk management best practices.
• A successful Internal Audit Intern builds relationships and is viewed as a trusted advisor by direct business partners.
We are looking for candidates:
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Insurance, Business Administration, and/or Business Information Systems, or a related field
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• With knowledge of internal audit standards and/or concepts a plus
• Demonstrated commitment to learning new technology/processes
• With strong initiative and demonstrated learning agility
• With critical thinking, judgment, problem solving, and communication skills
• Have excellent collaboration skills to work with other high capacity team members, leveraging each member's areas of expertise