Intern Financial Officer
This is a paid internship; however, the intern must provide their own housing and transportation. Business related transportation and expenses will be paid by the organization. This intern will work full-time during the summer of 2022 out of our Macomb, Normal, Freeport, Monmouth or Edwards, IL office locations.
Compeer Financial is seeking collaborative, innovative and dynamic professionals to be a part of our Top Workplace culture!
Tell me more about this opportunity.
This internship will work with and assist a Financial Officer (FO) in providing agricultural and financial services to clients and building strong relationships with these clients. The intern will develop the ability to combine his/her agricultural and business knowledge with an understanding of each client’s current financial position in order to provide solutions to meet clients’ needs, as well as assisting the Financial Officer in marketing Compeer’s services and other related services to clients and prospective clients based upon the individual’s need for these products. The intern will also collaborate with other team members throughout the organization to gain an understanding of the broader business.
- Building relationships & networking with clients/prospects/agribusinesses.
- Learning and providing outstanding service at Compeer Financial.
- Learning how to plan a call and pre-screening a prospect.
- Ride along on crop insurance appointments and with a Consumer Lending Specialist.
- Understanding the importance of cross selling.
- Making a new loan and completion of renewals.
- Learning about loan and service products and how to analyze new loans.
- Gaining an understanding of the 5 C’s of credit (risk analysis).
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working towards completing a bachelor’s degree, with at least two years completed, in Agricultural Economics, Ag Business or equivalent Ag or Business related degree.
- Solid organizational, communication, problem solving, analytical and influencing skills are required.
- Knowledge of farm production methods and products and a general understanding of farm business management and finance preferred.
- Demonstrate effective team skills.
- The understanding of and ability to use various computer, both business and financial, applications is required.
Who is Compeer Financial?
Compeer Financial exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America. By joining our team, you will help empower those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities. We embrace business agility and innovative approaches to serving our clients and communities.
Why join our team?
- Amazing team members who are passionate about serving agriculture and rural America.
- Investment in our team members’ education, growth and development.
- Engagement in our communities through giving back and volunteerism.
- Flexible, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- Great benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401K (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, volunteer time)
Find out why our team members choose Compeer Financial by watching this video.
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates, please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compeer Financial requires all applicants to complete the application on our website to be considered for this position. Apply here.