Business Systems Intern (Waukegan, IL)- Summer 2022
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” this position is based out of our Waukegan, IL office, a northern suburb of Chicago. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline offers a robust internship program that provides you with the ability to make a true impact. You will be able to take ownership on projects as well as get a feel for day to day work in your role. In addition to the project work, Medline will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout the summer through intern specific trainings, lunch & learns with leadership, and fun events.
A Business Systems Intern at Medline will work directly with senior level managers on process improvement and business system projects across all aspects of the supply chain. The intern will be responsible for extracting data, reporting, and converting data into information to drive better decision making.
Examples of possible projects include:
- Implementation of new systems within manufacturing and supply chain
- Help map out processes and identify opportunities for improvement to documentation and the flow of data through the business systems
- Junior standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Background in Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, or Business Systems
- Strong leadership abilities and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization, communication, data analysis and follow up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of database applications (Access, FoxPro) is a plus
- Unrestricted permanent US work authorization