Intern Credit Specialized
This is a paid internship; however, intern must provide own housing and transportation. Business related transportation and expenses will be paid by the organization. This internship will work full-time during the summer of 2022 out of Mankato, MN.
Compeer Financial is seeking collaborative, innovative and dynamic professionals to be a part of our Top Workplace culture!
Tell me more about this opportunity.
Position Overview: This internship will provide hands-on experience in the credit and underwriting field. The intern will learn the credit delivery process within Compeer including financial analysis, underwriting loan requests, loan servicing and other credit services for Compeer clients.
- Challenged to learn a significant amount of information during the course of the internship and take initiative to apply this information.
- Work independently with general supervision of day to day operations while taking initiative and complete responsibilities as assigned.
- Internally, work closely with the Credit team leader and other team members. Will also have frequent contact with other functions throughout the organization to exchange information and clarify or verify information. Externally, have contact with clients in providing an additional level of client service as needed. In all contacts, our interns are expected to present a professional image of Compeer Financial.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be working towards completing a bachelor’s degree in agricultural business, agricultural economics or business administration, with at least one year completed.
- Knowledge of swine industry preferred.
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, analytical, verbal and written communication and influencing skills are required.
- Proven client service skills and effective team skills are essential.
- Knowledge of farm production methods and products and a general understanding of farm business management and finance preferred.
- Demonstrate effective team skills.
- Understanding of and ability to use various computer, both business and financial, applications is required.
- Solid understanding of credit processing and servicing activities, accounting principles and practices, and credit analysis procedures.
Who is Compeer Financial?
Compeer Financial exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America. By joining our team, you will help empower those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities. We embrace business agility and innovative approaches to serving our clients and communities.
Why join our team?
- Amazing team members who are passionate about serving agriculture and rural America.
- Investment in our team members’ education, growth and development.
- Engagement in our communities through giving back and volunteerism.
- Flexible, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- Great benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401K (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, volunteer time)
Find out why our team members choose Compeer Financial by watching this video.
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates, please apply online at https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_CompeerFinancial/external/jobDetails/jobDetail.html?jobPostId=1994&localeCode=en-us
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.