Product Development Intern (Sterile Procedure Tray)- Summer 2022
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 20,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” this position is based out of our headquarters in Northfield, IL. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
The challenging responsibilities of the position include:
Support and coordinate product development activities between divisional Stakeholders (Marketing, Clinical, Quality etc.) and Vendor partners. Develop and communicate product requirements, evaluate product performance, and oversee development & production timelines.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop product requirements, performance attributes, and quality specifications. Communicate to manufacturer through drawings and technical specs.
- Oversee product development timelines and communicate to divisional stakeholders and Vendors/Sourcing through utilization of Project Management software.
- Evaluate prototypes for usability, manufacturability, performance, and quality using analysis techniques such as visual evaluation, tactile textile evaluation, and creating testing plans/analyzing results.
- Administer process of approving new source to make an existing product by comparing all aspects of current product characteristics and performance to new potential source’s prototype(s).
- Coordinate patent application process for SPT Division. Identify ideas that have potential for legal protection. Guide divisional stakeholders in patent process in order to maximize the full scope of intellectual property.
- Improve product quality and performance of existing products by working with internal quality team and manufacturing partners; develops custom methods to evaluate and improve product quality.
- Establish new product development sub-processes as needed to increase speed to market, reduce production and quality issues, etc.
- Create and update product technical specifications due to product improvements, evolving FDA requirements, and product changes due to Sourcing team needs.
- Utilize design software to create product drawings and communicate high-level ideas to factories.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Biomedical, Mechanical and Electrical preferred)
- Junior standing with a 3.0 minimum GPA preferred
- Experience in product development, sourcing, quality, industrial design, or engineering.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in communicating with overseas manufacturing partners.
- Experience with design software such as Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.