Real Estate and Facility Management Summer Intern
The Real Estate and Facility Management Intern will support the Real Estate and Facility Management team in all areas on the department. The individual will perform small projects, workplace planning & execution, process documentation, and miscellaneous light physical work for building services as assigned by supervisor. Join our real estate team for a 12-week internship experience!
- Coordinate minor repair & maintenance, workplace, and building services projects
- Collaborate with landlords to address lease obligations
- Support the creation, documentation, and training of building systems operating and emergency response procedures
- Establish and load facility asset information into the CMMS, including preventive maintenance timing and procedures
- Support the RFP and contractual process for service providers; schedule and guide on-site providers
- Work with department representatives to coordinate move/add/change (MAC) activity
- Use department technology to complete tasks – IWMS (CAFM and CMMS), AutoCAD, building automation system, MS Office software, etc.
- Support the execution of office services duties
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Gain exposure to all aspects of the Real Estate and Facility Management department
- Apply skills to complete projects on time and within budget
- Exposure to real estate and facility management principles and building codes
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals
- Ability to analyze instructions, implement requirements, and document outcomes
- Strong sense of initiative and result driven
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Primarily office environment with exposure to building mechanical areas
- High amount of mobility throughout the day
- Able to exert up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds of force frequently
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university working towards completion of a Bachelor’s degree pursuing a degree in Facility Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Two years of completed coursework by May 2022
- Prior experience with MS Office software is preferred
Additional Program Details:
- Competitive compensation
- Full intern summer events program highlighting our field, stores, and corporate experiences.
- Campus Ambassador opportunities
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.