- The Staff Auditor works to assess, categorize, test and evaluate the risk inherent in all services, systems and operations of King’s Daughters Medical Center, its’ affiliates and key third party vendors; and, to identify, communicate and cause to be implemented actions to help mitigate that potential on a timely basis. This includes auditing for compliance with company policy and regulatory agency requirements, performing financial audits, coordinating with the independent external auditors to avoid duplication of efforts; and, training and developing employees to achieve our objectives.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyze and identify key internal control strengths and weaknesses in procedures, processes, etc.
- Practically applying accounting and auditing theory in order to develop and complete effective fieldwork, develop related audit findings, and make meaningful and well thought out recommendations; and Will also develop and update audit programs, ICQ’s and permanent files under the guidance of supervisory personnel (Senior Auditor, Director of Internal Audit).
- Pre-planning and organizing assigned sections of the audit and developing a realistic audit approach for approval by the in-charge auditor.
- Completing the audit workpaper package requirements in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Time management skills related to controlling audit time and informing superiors of potential variances and roadblocks in a timely manner.
- Written skills required to utilize the five-step approach in summarizing the issue, condition, effect, business impact and proposed recommendation to effectively document fieldwork and findings; Verbal communication skills required to summarize business and control issues succinctly when presenting them to client management; Listening skills critical for both gathering information during the audit process and for following the direction of the senior auditor and Audit Management during engagements and special projects.
- Keeping all appropriate departmental and auditee personnel informed on the status of work for which the individual is responsible.
EDUCATION/LICENSE/ CERTIFICATIONS/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Excellent computer software knowledge in Excel
- Preferred qualifications:
- Two years’ experience in auditing
- Two years’ experience in healthcare operations
- Certified Public Accountant or Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA; CPA)
- Works indoors in an office/clinic setting
- The noise level is usually moderate
- Regularly required to maintain a stationary position behind a computer.
- Frequently required to move about inside the clinic.
- Regularly required to communicate telephonically and face to face with colleagues and customers.
- Regularly required to operate a computer and telephone.
- Constantly required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.