Field Sales Intern (9 US Locations) - Summer 2022
We have internship opportunities in the following 9 cities, so please specify you preferred location when applying:
- New York
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, has evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions, and been touted among the "World’s Most Admired” companies per Fortune Magazine for the past decade, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why top students choose to Intern with us:
Let's start with the incredible workspaces! — After all, that's our business. However, that's only one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we accept well-being in its broadest sense, and we provide mentoring and inspiration at every step of your career.
In addition, we provide a competitive hourly wage as well as relocation assistance and a housing subsidy for students that qualify.
Who you are:
- You are excited about the idea of pursuing a career in Sales and have a keen interest in design.
- You are goal-oriented, resilient, and driven to succeed personally, but also highly value working in a team environment.
- You are naturally curious with the ability to empathize with people and understand their needs.
- Most importantly, you love to build new relationships
What you will be doing:
During your summer internship, you'll play a pivotal role in developing new business in our most strategic markets by:
- Uncovering business intelligence and actioning on this those insights to identify new opportunities.
- Learn to use technologies, such as Salesforce as well as our internal selling tools to help build customer strategies and equip our sales teams.
- You will strengthen our brand presence within the local market by building an awareness of our products and services within the design community.
***Remember, you won’t being doing any of this alone…
Your Future Team:
You'll join the cohort of fellow Interns across North America, which you'll find is an authentic and diverse environment of learning. We believe you'll love taking a paid training trip to our global headquarters in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Here, you will participate in Steelcase product and industry training, get to know other department’s interns and build your network within the organization. You will manage relationships with your peer sales interns throughout the summer virtually to continue your learning and development.
Your summer at Steelcase will culminate with an end of summer project/presentation where you'll share your contributions with leadership and showcase your understanding of the Steelcase sales process.
This experience will be led by a Program Manager who will guide your experience along with your field leadership and regional team. You are joining a team that wants to see you succeed! You'll be located near your leaders with access to mentors who understand the industry as well as our relationship based selling process.
At Steelcase, we work with a variety of client profiles, influencers, and partner closely with our dealerships to deliver quality product and work experiences to our customers.
**Top Interns will be offered a role to start upon graduation into a regional based Professional Accelerated Career Entry sales program. ***
- Ideal candidate would be current Junior or Senior currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Sales or a Business related major
- Previous experience working within a sales or customer service environment is preferred
- Strong problem-solving and presentation skills
- Self-starters who enjoy working both independently and as a part of a team
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who enjoy interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else is all encouraged to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.