Product Manager Intern
About the job
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start from July 2021 and continue through the entire through December if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time , for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team's success.
About The Teams
Tesla is looking for talented, highly motivated university students for our various applications engineering teams to continue to be at the forefront of building a consistent and trustworthy experience across all touch points from digital, sales & service, infrastructure engineering, factory software, to internal application touch points and much more! Our support engineers are helping our operations by supporting varied in-house applications.
As You Continue To Discover Your Passion And Strengths In Navigating Your Career Path, You Can Be Part Of One Of Our Internship Programs Within The Following Application Support Teams
· Factory Software – Focus on supporting General Assembly in all automotive lines at the Tesla Factories
· Enterprise Resource Planning – Focus on system software development from Purchasing to Sales, Logistics and Delivery to Inventory & Costing and much more
· Digital Experience-Focus on customer experience interaction from tesla.com to the Tesla App
· Financial Platforms – Focusing on Tesla financial platforms
· Service and Customer support – Focus on the interaction and experience of the end user from phone/road assistance, to service centers, to body repair shops to name a few
· Responsible for assigning all customer technical inquiries, including technical assistance, best use of product, additional products and services.
· Provides outstanding customer service to Tesla Motors application users.
· Provides second level technical solutions, according to established service levels.
· Offers a single point of contact and ensures that all application support requests are recorded in a timely, courteous, and accurate manner.
· Escalates issues within the IT department to ensure issues that cannot be addressed at first level are responded to timely, working to maximum uptime for customers.
· Follow-up on tickets resolved by internal IT teams to ensure communication to the customer with high degree of satisfaction based on results and level of service.
· Liaison for Level III Information Technology development support.
· Executes monitors and completes assigned tasks on multiple computer systems and platforms.
· Documents and maintains shift documentation in ticket management system.
· Work closely with the business and IT counterparts and Leads in ensuring timely resolution of issues.
· Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent degree
· SQL and reporting skills
· Knowledge of operating production software
· Well-developed multi-tasking capabilities and experience under pressure
· Ability to thrive in an extremely fast paced environment
· Communication skills: the ability to both express and understand technical problems
· Programming skills in a scripting language is a big plus, Python or Golang preferred
· Able to communicate in English