Accounting Intern – Minnetonka & Eden Prairie, MN
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of school: make a real difference. We have modest goals: Help 75 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. You’ll find these people everywhere you turn here. You’ll also find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here. And start doing your life’s best work.SM
**Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position**
**This full-time summer intern position will be available starting June 2022**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
When it comes to challenges that can dramatically shape your career, smart people like you are discovering opportunities with us. Here’s why. A career with UnitedHealth Group in the Finance and Accounting area will have you working side by side with some of the most dynamic, intelligent and results driven people on earth. This is work that matters far beyond the balance sheet. We’re helping to improve people’s lives by helping the entire health care system manage resources in new and better ways. Health care is changing. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else. You want to grow. We want to support you and, along the way, help you acquire the skills that lead to your life’s best work (sm).
Opportunities are available in the following areas depending on interest and abilities:
· Capital Planning
· Financial Planning and Analysis
· Regulatory Accounting
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports.
· Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close.
· Prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles.
· Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
· Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
· Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position.
· Assist with or lead the month end quarterly end close process for assigned businesses or groups.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field from an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Other degrees are considered when accompanied by aptitude or interest in accounting. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors.
· Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong academic credentials
· Demonstrated leadership qualities and leadership potential
· Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered).
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.