State and Local Tax Compliance and Tax Provision Internship
Job Title: State and Local Tax Compliance and Tax Provision Internship
Location: Blue Bell, PA - REMOTE
We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
What success looks like in this role:
· Assist with the preparation of intercompany interest and royalty expense analysis for various states
· Assist with gathering information for state and local apportionment schedules
· Uploading data into our tax software system
· Assist with uploading net operating losses information into our tax software system for various states
· Assist with the preparation city tax return files
· Assist with downloading tax forms and its instructions
· Review quarterly consolidating tax provision (ASC 740) for the global tax provision using One-Source software
· Reconcile Tax accounts
· Review of foreign “return to provisions”
· Help re-create retrieve excel files from new reporting software
You will be successful in this role if you have:
· Currently enrolled in a Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics major with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Prior work, intern, or co-op experience desired but not required
· MS Excel and PowerPoint skills are required
· Detail oriented, analytical and problem- solving skills
· Exposure to financial based reporting systems such as Oracle are desired but not required
· Must be a United States Citizen or have permanent resident status