Contract Services Manager (Alexandria, LA)
Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI) is an international, ISO 9001:2015 Certified, CMMI Level 3 Rated full-service provider with more than 33 years’ experience in the Federal, military, and commercial marketplaces. SRI is seeking full-time committed and passionate Contract Services Manager to join our team to provide critical services to detainees in custody at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Services Corps (IHSC) Medical Facilities in support of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Services Corps (IHSC) Detention Center Healthcare contract opportunity.
SRI offers our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays. Please visit the SRI career page at https://www.sri-hq.com/careers/learn-more.
Description of Duties
The Contract Services Manager (CM) is the onsite point of contact (POC) for the personnel staffing contract with IHSC at the facility level. The CM establishes and maintains a strong and positive working relationship with the on-site Government Technical Monitors (GTM). The CM performs personnel and Human Resources related functions to include providing direct supervision to all contract personnel. The CM works closely with the GTM to ensure Contract staff orientation, training, and competency assessments are completed. On a daily basis, the CM plans, schedules, assigns, and directs contract staff in accordance with the contract and mission requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As Key Personnel, provides a broad range of front-line supervision and management to all Vendor staff under their purview.
- Plans, schedules, assigns, and directs contract staff.
- Coordinates and conducts site visits for staff candidates.
- Performs personnel and Human Resources related functions.
- Completes staff evaluations 90 days after hire and annually thereafter.
- Establishes and maintains a strong and positive working relationship with the on-site Government Technical Monitors (GTM).
- Works closely with the GTM to ensure Contract staff orientation, training, and competency assessments are completed with no interruptions to the daily operations.
- Produces reports regarding contractor productivity and monitors contractor compliance with IHSC policy for all contract staff at the site.
- Reviews identified patient records to assess adequacy of record keeping, and implementation of appropriate clinical guidelines and policy compliance.
- Meets regularly with government technical monitors to ensure coordination and collaboration of staffing.
- Ensures discipline Specific clinical and administrative in-services are provided for contract staff in accordance with agency policies and accreditation standards.
- Leads or delegates the orientation and training within licensing scope and in accordance with agency policy, of new contract personnel to protocols, requirements, and the specifics of the patient population.
- Serves as a team member for analyzing established protocol practices and identifying areas for improvement.
- Participates with developing recommendations for improved efficiency of patient care.
- Assists with program/project design activities, strategy development, problem resolution, and project implementation.
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies and position.
- Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing agency’s electronic health records.
- Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as required/assigned.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of medical records, in compliance with the Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations in all work activities.
- Adheres to and maintains awareness of: IHSC Policies, Procedures, Directives, Operational Memoranda, and accreditation standards as prescribed by ICE/IHSC.
- Adheres to and participates in: IHSC’s Safety, Prevention, Infection and Control, Quality Improvement, Patient Education and other programs and collateral duties as appropriate to position.
- Attends and participates in general, medical, and clinical staff meetings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, from an accredited school reviewed by the Department of Education, in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Public Health or a related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in a complex health care setting as an administrator with strong business and management skills.
- This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through the American Heart Association®.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a broad range of concepts related to effective supervision, staff administration and Human Recourses.
- Ability to effectively schedule, manage and team-build with a multidisciplinary workforce.
- Knowledge of staff development and basic adult learner teaching skills.
- Knowledge of the licensing and certification requirements for the professional disciplines operating in the clinic, in the state in which the duty station is located.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility in work requirements.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written) in order to develop positive rapport with co-workers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records, web-based training, and communications.
- Knowledge of and functional proficiency in common Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
Attributes and Professional Qualities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Culture competency.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting (preferred, not required).
Duty Hours/On-Call Requirements:
- IHSC operates 24/7/365; this position is required to respond during an emergency activation.
- This full-time position, or designee vendor equivalent, is required to be available telephonically to respond to the local GTM during non-duty hours.
- This full-time position may require availability during evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays sufficient to meet the needs of contact staff.
- The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking or jogging unaided over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy patients or equipment.
- The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as agility and dexterity, visual, and hearing capabilities.
- Must be able to respond to any medical emergency in the facility, via foot, within four minutes and perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency.
- The Department of Homeland Security’s Personnel Security Unit (PSU) must render a Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to be considered a qualified candidate.
- A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by PSU upon completion of initial and subsequent background investigations to meet the requirements of this position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
- You must have resided in the U.S. or its territories for three (3) or more years out of the last five (5) years.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer