Deputy Program Manager (McLean, VA)
Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI) is an international, ISO 9001:2015 Certified, CMMI Level 3 Rated full-service provider with more than 33 years’ experience in the Federal, military, and commercial marketplaces. SRI is seeking full-time committed and passionate Deputy Program Manager to join our team to provide critical services to detainees in custody at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Services Corps (IHSC) Medical Facilities in support of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Services Corps (IHSC) Detention Center Healthcare contract opportunity.
SRI offers our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays. Please visit the SRI career page at https://www.sri-hq.com/careers/learn-more.
Description of Duties
The Deputy Program Manager provides leadership, strategic, and tactical direction to a team of medical professionals and technicians working who are supporting the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Services Corps (IHSC) Detention Centers. Medical and support staff are geographically dispersed across 20 locations in the United States and are responsible for providing safe, ethical, responsive, and accountable healthcare to all detainees under IHSC’s care.
The Program Manager provides operational oversight and excellence to a team of medical providers, technicians, and support staff at each detention center and is responsible for the overall execution and administration of the programs under this contract. Functions as SRI’s primary point of contact to the Government Contracting Officer and Contracting Officer Representative. Responsible for the satisfactory supervision of staff members on the associated task orders, including verifying fill and attendance at each location and upholding the work requirements of all personnel assigned under the contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Program Manager by helping provide management, direction, administration, and quality assurance for the execution of the IHSC contract
- In the absence of the Program Manager, serves as the Government’s primary POC to provide overall leadership and guidance for all contractor personnel assigned to the contract.
- Assists in the assignment of tasks to contractor personnel, supervise on-going technical efforts, and manage overall contract performance to ensure optimal use of assigned resources and subcontractors.
- Responsible for the quality and efficiency of the contract, to include service delivery, technical matters, and business processes.
- Assists the Program Manager to ensure all contract requirements are performed on time and with great accuracy.
- Responsible for ensuring all contactor positions are filled with qualified candidates.
- Ensures new employees are onboarded and welcomed in an efficient and effective manner and to ensure no disruption in services.
- Maintains a strong professional working relationship with all each onsite Government Technical Monitor and onsite Contract Services Managers.
- Directly supervises SRI’s Healthcare Compliance Manager and Lead Contract Services Manager which are both a part of SRI’s Program Management Office.
- Facilitates strong and effective communications across the organization.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, from an accredited school reviewed by the Department of Education, in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Public Health or a related field. A graduate degree with a specialized focus on healthcare compliance is desired.
- Three (3) years administrative healthcare management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, desired.
- At least five (5) years project management experience planning, directing, coordinating, and managing methodologies and approaches of projects.
- A firm understanding of the impact government regulations and compliance practices have on the daily working lives of physicians, nurses, and healthcare staff.
- Three (3) years’ experience working in a detention facility environment, desired.
- This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a broad range of concepts related to effective supervision, staff administration and Human Recourses.
- Ability to effectively schedule, manage and team-build with a multidisciplinary workforce.
- Knowledge of staff development and basic adult learner teaching skills.
- Knowledge of the licensing and certification requirements for the professional disciplines operating in the clinic, in the state in which the duty station is located.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility in work requirements.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written) in order to develop positive rapport with co-workers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records, web-based training, and communications.
- Ability to apply critical thinking, strategic decision making and innovation skills to achieve positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of and functional proficiency in common Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
Attributes and Professional Qualities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Culture competency.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting (preferred, not required).
Duty Hours/On-Call Requirements:
- IHSC operates 24/7/365; this position may be required to respond during an emergency activation.
- This full-time position, or designee vendor equivalent, is required to be available telephonically to respond to the local GTM and/or Contract Services Manager during non-duty hours.
- This full-time position may require availability during evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays sufficient to meet the needs of contact staff.
- Physically capable of performing duties and responsibilities as listed above.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequent use of common office technology such as the computer, telephone etc.
- The Department of Homeland Security’s Personnel Security Unit (PSU) must render a Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to be considered a qualified candidate.
- A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by PSU upon completion of initial and subsequent background investigations to meet the requirements of this position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
- You must have resided in the U.S. or its territories for three (3) or more years out of the last five (5) years.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer