Summer Intern- Program Manager (Tanzu)
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
As a Program Manager Intern supporting the Tanzu Success Engineering team at VMware, you will[SR1] assist in maintaining and delivering strong programs that support the business objectives of a world class success engineering team. You will learn how to identify opportunities for process improvement and turn them into successful projects, tools for how to become a strong creative thinker, and develop skills that will enable you to work across an organization.
If you are looking to build skills for a strong professional foundation in an environment that fosters continuous growth while giving you ample learning opportunities, then this is the team.
Please note: This position is only intended for those currently in pursuit of a Bachelor's degree.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes you will work toward completing?
● You will work closely with the Director of the Success Engineering Team, Director of Business Development and cross-functional leaders to document and maintain critical Project Plans, ensuring that timelines are met, deliverables are executed, and stakeholders are assigned
● After project meetings, you will ensure that all open action items have been documented and are communicated to key project stakeholders, with next steps clearly defined
● You will analyze and maintain data related to business critical projects in order to ensure accurate status updates. Systems include Salesforce, Gainsight, Confluence, and internal documents.
Collaboration and communication:
● You will use strong communication and interpersonal skills to help deliver projects by fostering strong cross-functional relationships across the Tanzu Practice organization
● You will collect and take notes on project dependencies, roadblocks, and priorities from other groups in order to foster open lines of communication and collaboration to ensure that projects remain on track
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Activities may be modified to suit your professional strengths, but you can expect a variety of the following assignments:
● Maintain and monitor project plans, including timelines, deliverables, and open action items
● Assist in creating a renewal program to provide streamlined processes for Success Engineering Managers, Business Development and Success Engineering resources resulting in consistent guidelines that are measurable and accountable.
● Research and assist in development of reporting tools with seamless communication within vMap/VMStar that will provide automated reporting tools for opportunities and renewals
● Analyze and interpret data within various opportunity reporting tools to ensure consistent information is available to teams in order to drive initiatives
● Create and assist in creation of collateral development. Meet with marketing and professional services teams to review current materials in order to provide new/fresh insight on development of collateral.
● Collaborate with the Business Development team assisting with development of new hire informational requirements.
● Provide weekly updates to Success Engineering Management and Biz Dev teams regarding ongoing projects
● Participate in cross-functional stakeholder meetings and document important findings and action items from meetings
● Assist in data mining related to Success Engineering Salesforce, Gainsight, and Confluence instances
● Collaborate with customer success leaders to define and improve processes and best practices
● Network with key decision makers across the Tanzu Practices organization
● Leverage any-and-all opportunities to learn
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The leadership team embraces that change is constant, and feedback is always welcome. They understand that diverse thinking drives innovation and are committed to your continued, professional development.
The Customer Success team is made of up versatile professionals who are willing and able to learn new technologies. With technology constantly evolving over time, we are committed to hiring those with an ambition to learn, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, adaptability, strong communication abilities and intellectual honesty. A great sense of humor, creativity, and a collaborative spirit also go a long way in this role.
Where is this role located?
This role is based primarily out of the Raleigh, NC area. However it is open remotely to individuals on the east coast.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.