Internal Audit Intern
Internal Audit Intern
Fall Semester Internship/Co-Op
Location: Dallas, TX
This position will be a part of the company’s growing Internal Audit department. The position will be responsible for coordinating and performing IT, financial, operational and internal controls audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Assist in the performance of operational, compliance and financial audits for a broad range of functions throughout the company.
- Assist in the execution of an effective internal audit program designed to assess risk and test internal controls within the company.
- Provide recommendations for business process improvements and internal controls.
- Manage the expectations of IA management and business process owners while performing audits and projects.
- Submit audit findings and prepare recommendations that will be presented to senior management and external auditors.
- Test and document internal controls.
- Audit records and interview workers to ensure proper recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Perform a thorough self-review of all work prepared to ensure a minimal number of review notes are required.
- Visit field locations to ensure compliance with these policies.
- Demonstrate and maintain an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
- Assume responsibility for areas of the engagements assigned under the supervision of more experienced staff.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Project Performance - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget with minimal review notes.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
Education and/or Experience
Must be perusing Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting or related discipline from four-year college.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Proficient at Microsoft Office product suite
- Knowledge of ACL a plus
- Successful candidates must be available to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Must be able to travel up to 20% if needed