Senior Cost Accountant
Senior Cost Accountant
We Make Life More Rewarding and Dignified
The responsibility of the Senior Plant Cost Accountant will be to provide support to Operations, from an operational and financial perspective compatible with Hollister’s Mission and Vision. This includes monthly closings, variance analysis, annual planning, and other ad hoc analysis. This position will act as a trusted business partner with leadership and all functions in the Stuarts Draft facility. This is a visible and important position within the plant and with company leadership outside of the plant
Senior Cost Accountant Responsibilities:
- Track and report actual performance to plans, forecasts and standards.
- Track and analyze spending trends and headcount and drive corrective actions.
- Prepare monthly closing entries.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and analytics.
- Support the preparation of the annual plan and interim projections—ensure the plant published estimates are credible and drive predictability.
- Responsible for accurate reflection of standard costs in SAP.
- Drive process improvements in the area of financial analysis.
- Manage expense vs. Capital decisions to GAAP and corporate guidelines.
- Participate as financial advisor and validation on Plant Cost Savings initiatives and Should Cost process.
- Support Hollister Production System (HPS) and Fit for Growth initiatives (FFG) in the plant.
- Validate and approve Engineering Change Notice impacts to standard costs.
- Maintain conformance to ongoing audit and maintenance of internal controls and oversight of proper segregation of duties.
- Ensure inventories are recorded in accordance with GAAP and adequate obsolescence reserves are maintained.
- Responsible for achieving competency in all identified skill requirements outlined in associated training profile for position.
- Represent the Finance Team in plant meetings.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Senior Cost Accountant Requirements:
- Number of Overall Years Necessary: 5-8
- Manufacturing Cost Accounting environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, and/or CPA certification is preferred
- Standard cost valuation
- MS Office (proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Cost accounting in an ERP systems environment, SAP Preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Our Total Rewards package in aggregate is above market and includes competitive pay, generous paid time off programs, peer-to-peer recognition, health and life insurance, wellness programs and incentives, generous retirement savings, and a unique Benefit of Employee Share Ownership Program (BESOP).
Hollister Incorporated is an independent, employee-owned company that develops,manufactures, and markets healthcare products worldwide. The company develops and manufactures products for ostomy care, continence care and critical care, and also develops educational support materials for patients and healthcare professionals. Headquartered in Libertyville, Illinois, it has manufacturing and distribution centers on three continents and sells in nearly 80 countries. Hollister is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Firm of John Dickinson Schneider Inc (JDS Inc), a 100 year old company. Hollister is guided by the shared Mission of JDS Inc, to make life more rewarding and dignified for people who use its products and services. www.Hollister.com
Hollister is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability