Tax Accounting & Compliance Fall Intern (WOB)
As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
Chemours is seeking a Tax Accounting & Compliance Intern to join our Tax team! This position will report directly to the Tax Manager.
Students that succeed in Chemours’ internship and co-op program are typically reconsidered for future opportunities within the company! Eager students that are looking to be a catalyst for better are encouraged to apply. The Tax Accounting & Compliance Intern will work closely with the domestic Tax team and will have the opportunity to be involved in many different activities within the tax function.
The Tax Accounting & Compliance Intern will be mainly focused on supporting the tax compliance process with data gathering and analysis for tax return preparation, but will also assist in quarterly SEC filings, tax research, and other activities as needed.
Location: Wilmington, DE
Hours: Full-time or part-time schedule, flexible to candidate needs
Term: 5-month assignment between Aug-Dec
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting research regarding domestic/international tax planning issues
- Collecting and analyzing data associated with preparation of the federal/state/local tax return compliance
- Building data analytics related to US and total company ETR and cash taxes
- Calculating components of the quarterly income tax calculations for inclusion in SEC filings
- Ad-hoc projects may include assisting with organizing data related to transfer pricing documentation, managing US federal, state, local notice tracker, assisting with SOX documentation, and preparing calculations to support tax forecasts for both the ETR and cash taxes
The following is required for this role:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university as a sophomore or above
- Pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
The following is preferred for this role:
- 3.2 GPA or above
- Previous internship or co-op experience in tax and/or accounting
- Experience with OneSource tax software and/or SAP
- Familiarity with data analytics software (Power BI, etc.)
- Competitive Compensation
- Affordable Housing Assistance (for specific roles)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2018 and 2019—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
- Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
- Chemours is an E-Verify employer
- Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.