Research Facilities Fall Intern (CDH)
As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
Chemours is seeking a Research Facilities Intern to join our Chemours Discovery Hub Operations team! This position will report directly to the Site Manager.
As a Research Facilities Intern you will work closely with both the facilities and operations teams gaining valuable experience through hands-on projects in a R&D environment. You will have exposure to real-time engineering work alongside other engineers to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom.
Location: Newark, Delaware
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Term: 3-month assignment between August-December 2022
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with experienced engineering professionals on improvement and expansion projects
- Conduct equipment inspections and maintain equipment records
- Troubleshoot equipment/order repair parts or service as needed across facility
- Assist with basic data & construction scope gathering on capital projects
- Participate in scope and job plan development for preventative and corrective maintenance work
- Assist with document control and file management of engineered equipment across site
- Utilize engineering design process to optimize and modify lab equipment
The following is required for this role:
- Enrollment at an accredited college or university as a Junior or above at time of assignment
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar fields
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Must work well in both self-managed and team environment.
The following is preferred for this role:
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects
- Up to 5 bullet points total in this section
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service (for full-time internships only)
- Temporary Housing Assistance (for full-time internships only)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion a Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2018 and 2019—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
- Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
- Chemours is an E-Verify employer
- Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.